Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Discovery of the Discovery of Slowness

Finally got around to reading it during the last INDeT trip. It's funkyness alright. I can see why you liked it. Very cool concept. I can't help wondering if anything got lost in translation (like references to Franklin's "Fixed Look"...I imagine it has a cooler analogue in German). Am now a Nadolny fan.

I haven't finished it yet, and it's on a pile of books that have been accumulating for ages while INDeT got finished off. Said pile includes:

100 Years of Solitude
Logic, Design and Mathematics
Memoirs of an Irish Troubadour (Liam Clancy's book)
The Unequalled Self (bigoraphy of Samuel Pepys)
The last few chapters of Stephenson's baroque thingy
The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood, I think I have Oryx and Crake somewhere too)
Gravity's Rainbow
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
A few Iain Banks books

...and many, many others. Oonagh has a whole bunch of stuff she's been pushing towards me.